Friday, March 16, 2012

Top o' the morning!

I don't know that quilting will ever be a great hobby of mine.
Yesterday I shared my 'oops' moment. I realized I should've used a quilting frame or embroidery frame to hold the quilt and border tight.
But who wants to tear everything apart and start over? Not me!
I did tear out the 'stitch in the ditch' basting stitches, and then opened up the bottom of the piece and stuffed in some batting.
I also used embroidery thread to 'tie' my quilt.
It is still not perfect, but much less lumpy looking. I'll take it for a first effort!
Still have to fix the stick and hanging tabs. They are too red neck even for me.
And next time I'll put my mini quilt in a frame of some sort. Next time?
Yes, I think I'll try again. :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Well, I think it is great! I am looking forward to seeing your next project!

Muum said...

Thanks, Courtney!