Thursday, June 21, 2007

mystery plant, revisited

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of a plant that looked like a rose plant, but had some kind of funky fluff instead of rose blooms on it. Yesterday, as I was deadheading in the yard, I noticed this bloom on my otherwise 'normal' two-tone red/orange rose. It is about 8 feet away from the mystery plant. You can see the under part of the flower, the sepal area, is the same as the 'fluff' of the mystery plant.
I am speculating that my mystery plant is the rootstock of this red/orange rose, which has traveled a few feet and popped up in a new spot. Any other speculations?

2 comments:

Emily said...

no speculation here, that is just weird! you should post it on a gardener's forum, i'll bet they live for that kind of oddity. :)

Kylee Baumle said...

That would be my guess, too. I've had that happen before.