Friday, February 29, 2008

Garden Blogger's Muse Day - Isn't everyone Irish in March ?



”When Irish eyes are smiling,

Sure it's like a morning spring.

You can hear the angels sing

When Irish hearts are happy

All the world seems bright and gay

And when Irish eyes are smiling

Sure, they steal your heart away!”

This is a pretty familiar song, I remember singing it in 3rd grade, my teacher had particular love for all things Irish. It is great to be looking towards warmer weather, Easter, St. Paddy's day, and spring. yipee!


8 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

I'm Irish ..with a bit of other
ethniticies
and I want to !!go to !!! Ireland!!!

I hope to go after all my cancer treatments
woohoo
deena

JEWELGIRL said...

I wanted to let you know I
paid $1.00 for my cardboard
bunny egg.
The glass bunnies at Target
are more. I didn't want you
to get to Target and be
disappointed at the glass
bunny box price! Jewelgirl
Have a great day!

Annie in Austin said...

That's a song I've heard my whole life and it's good to hear it again, Muum~ are you going to make Irish Soda Bread?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Muum said...

Oh, yeah, I have a great recipe, I use it year 'round! I'll post it when I get a minute.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I'm always ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. My husband, who is almost 1/2 Irish, doesn't get into the whole "being Irish" thing, so I have to listen to the music by myself, & don't even mention soda bread in our house!

Annie in Austin said...

Muum, it will be interesting to see your recipe!

MrMG's daughter - Philo learned to love it once I added chocolate chips- not exactly traditional but no leftovers.

Annie

Kelli said...

Happy March to you, too! I have quite a bit of Irish heritage. :0)
~Kelli

A wildlife gardener said...

What a great song that is! I'm Scots but I love the Irish...we always rub along nicely together..what with us both loving playing the pipes, singing folk songs about our history and dancing jigs :)