Saturday, October 20, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday beet harvest

I harvested my mini crop of beets a few weeks ago, I planted golden beets and regular red ones. This pic shows the 'golden' ones, they are definitely lighter in color, and still tasty. Here are both kinds, the regular red beets are on the right. I have to be tougher about thinning my rows next year. Everything was tiny because I was too soft-hearted to thin out the beets or carrots. The carrots and parsnips are still in the garden. It's nice to have something that will 'stay' out there until I get a minute to get them in!

Happy GTS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love beet roasted or pickled. Yours looks great. sara from farmingfriends

Aiyana said...

I haven't had beets in quite a while. Maybe this will prompt me to pick some up soon! Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Unknown said...

Yum. That looks delicious. I can hardly thin mine, either--I try to wait until they're at least big enough to eat as "baby beets" with some good greens to saute in olive oil and garlic. But sometimes after I pull them out I have to pack in the soil around the remaining beets. :)